Interested in learning about coyote hunting regulations in Pennsylvania? You've come to the right place! Read on to learn more and check out our full Q&A section below!
Website: Pennsylvania Game Commission
Contact Phone Number: 717-787-4250
Address: 2001 Elmerton Avenue, Harrisburg, PA 17110-9797
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hunting Licenses in PA: Can Be Purchased Here
Coyote Hunting PA - Full Q&A - Laws, Licenses, Seasons
Do you need a license for coyote hunting in Pennsylvania?
Answer: It depends on the season -
- During big game season, you can take coyotes if you have a furtaker license, or while hunting big game and following big game laws.
- Outside of big game season (turkey, elk, deer, bear seasons), you may hunt coyotes if you have a hunting license or furtaker license.
Are Electronic Predator Calls legal in PA?
- Answer: Yes, you may use electronic game calls to hunt coyotes, bobcats, foxes, raccoons, and crows. Aside from these animals, you may not hunt with ANY electronic device.
Can you use a Coyote Decoy in PA?
- Answer: Decoys are allowed.
During what season(s) is coyote hunting legal in PA?
- Answer: There is no closed season for hunting coyotes in PA.
Is there a bag limit for coyote hunting in PA?
- Answer: No limit.
What are PA's legal hunting hours?
- Answer: The legal hunting hours for small and big game are 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset. For coyotes, raccoons, foxes, and bobcats, these animals can be hunted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, EXCEPT for during restricted periods.
What firearms may you use to hunt coyotes in PA?
- Answer: You may use any manually operated rifle, hand-held bow/crossbow, hand gun, or shotgun.
- A few additional rules:
- You may not take furbearing animals with shotgun shot greater than #4 buckshot.
- You may not hunt with semi-automatic rifles.
What rules are there around ammunition in PA?
- Answer: It is strictly illegal to hunt birds, small-game mammals, and fur-bearers with a manual or autoloaded shotgun with anything more than a two-shell capacity. Your shotgun plug must have a 1 piece filler installed to prevent easy removal.
What regulations are there for transporting coyote pelts cross-state?
- Answer: No regulations.
Does PA permit coyote hunting at night?
- Answer: The following animals can be hunted at any hour, day or night: coyote, raccoons, bobcats, and foxes. It is illegal to hunt most wildlife on Sundays (exceptions for coyotes, crows, and foxes).
Are there any restrictions on firearms for night-hunting in Pennsylvania?
- Answer: Any firearm or bow/crossbow approved for day-hunting of furbearers is approved for night-hunting. If you are hunting at night, you are permitted to use a handheld light or gun light. Hunters cannot, however, use a flashlight or spotlight.
Can you legally hunt from a vehicle in PA?
- Answer: PA laws are strict for vehicle hunting. It is illegal to:
- Hunt from a vehicle;
- Shoot at wildlife on a public road or place of public travel;
- Shoot across roads except for at a safe height;
- Use light from a vehicle to shoot at wildlife until the hunter is >25 yards from the road.
- Some of these laws may not apply if you possess a Disabled Person's Permit. Please check the latest laws for more information.
Does Pennsylvania have a bounty program?
- No, there is no bounty program in PA (although there used to be).
Last Updated: March 6, 2017
NOTE: The information we're providing here is for informational purposes only. ElectronicCoyoteCalls.com is not liable or responsible for any activity that does not follow your state's regulations. ElectronicCoyoteCalls has no affiliation with any governmental organization or department mentioned here. For your own safety, please contact your local officials to verify the information presented on this site.